Whizz-Kidz is today releasing their 2019 Impact Report, Our Year, Your Impact, and to celebrate, the charity is holding a ‘Thankathon’ week to thank supporters who made all the achievements possible.
The new report tells the story of Whizz-Kidz in 2019 with summaries from Kidz Board chair, Penny, highlights of the year from partnerships and projects, stories showing the difference supporters make, all rounded by up Whizz-Kidz CEO, Ruth Owen OBE.
Some of the key findings from the report show that:
- 92% of young people received their new wheelchair in routine cases on the same day as their assessment
- 351 Whizz-Kidz events were delivered for young wheelchair users across the UK
- We supported 980 children and young people with vital mobility equipment and our repair and maintenance services
- 330 young people attended our Whizz-Kidz clubs around the UK, where young people meet up, make friends and have fun!
- We hosted 114 wheelchair skills training sessions for young people, designed to promote confidence and increase independence
- 70 young people took up work experience opportunities
- 78 attended our Employability Skills Days to help them experience the workplace. Learn about careers, gain useful contacts and improve their employability
Ruth Owen OBE, CEO of Whizz-Kidz said: “To celebrate releasing our 2019 Impact Report - Our Year, Your Impact, we wanted to share all the amazing achievements we have made together because it wouldn’t be possible without you, Whizz-Kidz supporters. We can’t say thank you enough.
“At Whizz-Kidz, we see and hear every day the life-changing impact that having the right mobility equipment and support makes for young wheelchair users. But we think it’s important for our supporters to see that too. We are proud to share the stories, the people, the partnerships, the numbers, and the challenges, that made up our year.”
For more information, and to read Our Year, Your Impact go to: http://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/about-us/impact-report-2019