Whizz-Kidz are hosting our third Sitting Volleyball tournament on the evening of Thursday 28th February, 2013 at the Reebok Centre, Canary Wharf.
Our first and second tournaments were huge successes and engaged companies from across the city and Canary Wharf. It proved to be a fantastic team building opportunity and received great feedback from all involved.
By entering a team into the tournament you will be raising awareness of a Paralympic sport whilst also raising vital fund for disabled children across the UK. With the Olympics and Paralympics still fresh in everyones mind, there is no better time to get involved with this brilliant sport!
“The greatest Paralympic Games ever hosted in London introduced millions of people to sitting volleyball and Whizz-Kidz’s tournament at Canary Wharf is a great opportunity to hone your skills for a good cause. I wish it all the very best”
Boris Johnson, Mayor of London
What is Sitting Volleyball?
Sitting volleyball is just like volleyball but with a few differences:
- 6 players per team, plus one reserve
- Your buttocks must remain on the floor
- The court is 10m x 6m
- The net is 1.5m high
Why get involved?
There are six key benefits your organisation getting involved:
1) Possible engagement with clients of your business
2) Enthuse employees and encourage team building
3) Brand alignment with a national children’s charity to promote your firm’s corporate responsibility
4) To raise vital funds for disabled children and young people
5) To raise awareness of a Paralympic sport
6) To change people’s perception of disability and focus on what disabled people can do rather than can’t do
“Many thanks for arranging such a great event last night. The positive feedback from the team was overwhelming; we’ve been inundated with people wanting to take part in the next tournament!” Gavin, Goldman Sachs
Entrance fee: £500 per team
For more information or to submit a team, please contact the Events Team:
- Tel: 0207 233 9696
- Email: email@example.com