Whizz-Kidz is the UK’s leading children’s mobility charity. Since 1990 Whizz-Kidz has been supporting young disabled people in accessing the right mobility equipment at the right time, while also delivering wheelchair skills training, work placements, and other life-skills development opportunities to help them lead full and active lives.
Whizz-Kidz help kids to be kids.
Commitment to Quality
Whizz-Kidz is a registered charity that provides mobility equipment, postural seating and associated items, and purchases mobility equipment, postural seating and associated items as an NHS service provider organisation.
Whizz-Kidz also delivers a range of “life journey services” designed to assist children and young people’s social and personal development.
Our processes are continually improved as part of our quality management. All staff within Whizz-Kidz are given responsibility commensurate with their roles and empowered with the appropriate authority to ensure that the quality policy and objectives are met at all times.
Services outsourced to other service providers are controlled by service level agreements.
Whizz-Kidz management is committed to providing services that consistently meet or exceed our clients’ needs and expectations for quality and value.
Whizz-Kidz underlying belief is that our beneficiaries and NHS Service Users come first
Accordingly, Whizz-Kidz adheres to the following principles to ensure effective service delivery for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Implement and maintain a formal Quality Management System in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001 to effectively manage quality;
- Define measurable objectives focused upon business needs, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement for all levels and functions;
- Deliver services and provide equipment conforming to beneficiaries’ and NHS Service Users’ clinical and social needs while meeting NHS Service Commissioners’ requirements;
- Continually improve our services, processes, and the Quality Management System, to enhance our customers’ perception of and experience with Whizz-Kidz;.Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers, sub-contractors and NHS partners;
- Foster a spirit of teamwork through empowerment, recognizing the part all employees play in the continuing success of Whizz-Kidz;
- Ensure all members of staff understand that they share the responsibility for continued quality and quality improvement in compliance with the Quality Management System;
- Ensure the maximum utilization of our most important resource - our people - through ongoing training and career development, and
- Ensure directors, department heads and managers demonstrate their commitment to quality and the quality objectives in accordance with Whizz-Kidz organisational goals.
Whizz-Kidz sets annual quality and performance targets across the organisation that are set out in the annual operating plan.
The Board of Trustees and Senior Management Team monitor performance against the targets and key performance indicators.
Whizz-Kidz carries out on going customer satisfaction surveys to obtain feedback on the quality of the services and equipment we provide to young people and their families.
The customer feedback is incorporated into the continual development of the services we provide.
Long-term relationships require a continuous commitment to service excellence
As the Chief Executive, I accept ultimate responsibility for Quality and, together with the Management Team, will ensure that this policy is understood, implemented and maintained throughout Whizz-Kidz.
Date 2nd April 2018