Our #DreamWheelchair Competition has now closed!
A massive thank you to all the young wheelchair users who took part and submitted their brilliant designs. We will announce the results of the competition on August 7th. In the meantime, watch behind-the-scenes footage of the judges deciding on a winner.
Terms and Conditions
1) The promoter is The Movement for Non-Mobile Children (Whizz-Kidz). Registered charity No. 802872. whose registered office is at Whizz-Kidz, Portland House, 4th Floor, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BH.
2) The competition is open to all young wheelchair users of the United Kingdom aged 25 and under except employees of Whizz-Kidz and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the judging of the competition.
3) For the purposes of this competition, a young wheelchair user is defined as a person aged 25 and under who:
- Uses a wheelchair either full time or part time
- Has a physical condition that permanently affects their mobility and participation
3) People who do not fit the above description may only enter the competition if they are partnering a young wheelchair user who does meet the above criteria.
4) Young people under the age of 16 require permission from a parent or guardian to enter the competition. Parents and guardians can grant permission by completing Section 3 and Section 6 of the application form
5) There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
6) By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
7) Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8) Closing date for entry will be June 10th 2019. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
9) No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10) The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11) The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
The prizes are as follows:
One winner of the competition will recieve:
- a £500 Amazon voucher
- a smart speaker
- a 3D printed model of their winning design.
- a £100 Uber voucher
Two runners up will each receive:
a £100 Amazon voucher
a smart speaker
a photo rendered print of their design.
£100 Uber vouchers
12) There is also a £500 Amazon voucher for any school, college, university or youth organisation that supports the winning design. In order to qualify as having supported the winning design, the school/college/university/youth organisation needs to be listed as having supporting the design in section 4 of the application form.
13) The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
14) Winners will be chosen as a result of a panel of judges appointed by Whizz-Kidz
15) Entries will be judged by a panel put together by Whizz-Kidz. Entries will be judged in the following age categories:
- Under 12s
- 13 to 17
- 18 to 25
A winner will be chosen from each of these three categories. One of these three will be selected as the overall winner, with the remaining two being awarded the two runner up positions.
16) The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
17) The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
18) The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19) By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
20) The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
21) The winners (and their parent guardian if under the age of 16) agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
22) The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
23) Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
25) Whizz-Kidz shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage. Whizz-Kidz also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
26) If any of the winnners are under 16 years old, their parents / guardians will be the ones who can use the Uber vouchers when travelling with them.