The Lemosho Route approaches Kilimanjaro from the western Lemosho glades. The route starts in the pristine rainforest before crossing the vast Shira plateau, and merging with the Machame Route.
Reaching the roof of Africa is climbing a mountain in every sense of the word. Taking on this challenge to fundraise for Whizz-Kidz or to reach a personal goal makes this challenge incredibly special.
The average group size is 20-25 participants and the sense of camaraderie and team bonding is huge and aids the success and enjoyment of the group.
Throughout your training and fundraising for your challenge you will be fully supported by Team Whizz-Kidz and it will be an amazing experience that you won’t forget.
This itinerary includes an extra acclimatisation day and a shorter day trekking prior to the summit day which ensures you more rest, and allows for more time to acclimatise – giving you the best chance of making it to the top!
What you can expect from the Lemosho Kilimanjaro Trek?
- 11 day trip with 7 days trekking
- Uk leaders, Dr's and local guides
- All inclusive package including flights, transfers, accommodation and meals
- Camping equipment provided
- Discounts on kit rental, vaccinations, insurance and equipment
- Training weekends and briefings
- Celebration dinner, medal and certificate
- January, Feburary, March, June, August, September, October and December dates available
Take on this lifechanging challenge for Whizz-Kidz and help change a disabled child’s life by helping us to provide the essential wheelchairs and other mobility equipment they need to lead fun and active childhoods. Find out more about how Whizz-Kidz changes lives.
By joining Team Whizz-Kidz you will benefit from:
- Lots of ideas, advice and fundraising resources on request
An eye-catching Whizz-Kidz tee-shirt
Fancy a different challenge? Check out our full programme of events to find the right challenge for you.