This beautiful and remote 4 day trek begins in the fascinating ancient city of Cusco and leads to the mysterious Machu Picchu ruins. It‘s a journey through forgotten wind-swept valleys, over wild mountain passes and tiny, isolated Andean villages, giving you a rare taste of the real Peru away from the crowds on the Inca Trail.
Throughout your training and fundraising for your challenge you will be fully supported by Team Whizz-Kidz and it will be an amazing experience that you won’t forget.
- 10 day group adventure with 4 days of trekking and camping
- Explore the ancient Inca capital of Cusco, trek through the Andes and reach Abre Huillquijasa at 4,445 m
- Rarely visited ruins of Pumamarca, spectacular views of the snowy mount Veronica and look through the 'door of the sun' in Machu Picchu
What you can expect from the Lares Trek?
- Fully supported 10 day group challenge
- UK qualified medic, full support team and local guides
- International flights and air travel taxes
- All accommodation, twin share - hotels / tents and meals with the group
- Celebratory dinner in Cusco
- Pre event support including discounted training weekends
- August dates available
Take on this lifechanging challenge for Whizz-Kidz and help change a disabled child’s life by helping us to provide the essential wheelchairs and other mobility equipment they need to lead fun and active childhoods. Find out more about how Whizz-Kidz changes lives.
By joining Team Whizz-Kidz you will benefit from:
- Lots of ideas, advice and fundraising resources on request
- An eye-catching Whizz-Kidz tee-shirt
Fancy a different challenge? Check out our full programme of events to find the right challenge for you.