Here at Whizz-Kidz, giving a disabled child a wheelchair is just the start. As well as providing vital mobility equipment, we also run youth groups, wheelchair skills training, camps and work placements to help young disabled people make friends, gain skills and become confident and independent.
We're so grateful to every single person who supports us - whether that's by donating, taking part in an event, running a local fundraiser, getting their company to support us, campaigning or anything else! And we know it's important for you to see the difference that your donation and our support can help.
This list shows the cost of just some of the services that Whizz-Kidz provides:
- £23 could pay for a disabled child to be more confident while boarding a train or bus after one hour of Whizz-Kidz Wheelchair Skills training.
- £27 funds one hour’s expert assessment by a Whizz-Kidz therapist, helping provide a disabled child with the powered wheelchair that meets their medical, social and educational needs.
- £33 enables a disabled child to attend their local Ambassador Club, socialise and develop skills, for one hour.
- £70 supports a disabled child at a Whizz-Kidz Camp for one hour, providing the intensive support they need to be safe, learn and have fun while giving parents or carers a much needed respite-break.
- £90 enables Whizz-Kidz to support a young disabled person for one day of their work placement.
- £100 could fund a Whizz-Kidz therapist for half a day, enough time for a disabled child to have their final fitting in their new powered chair and to take receipt of their new chair.
- £228 could pay for a disabled child to attend two days of unique Wheelchair Skills Training, learning to manoeuvre their wheelchair and with agility and confidence.
- £270 pays for a disabled child to attend a Work Skills Day and acquire vital experience that could help them get a job.
- £900 could pay for a disabled young person to attend a full supported Whizz-Kidz work placement.
- £2,700 enables Whizz-Kidz to give 10 disabled young people the opportunity to attend a Work Skills Day.
£3,500 provides a manual chair that fully meets a disabled child’s needs.
- £5,600 could provide a disabled child with a life changing powered chair.
£42,600 would enable Whizz-Kidz to run a short break Camp for ten disabled young people who may not have enjoyed a holiday or any type of short break for many years.
If you'd like to give a gift to help us to reach more young disabled people in the UK, please visit our donate page.