Visit our volunteer zone to apply to be a volunteer and book onto events.
Location: Across the UK
Time commitment: Flexible
Responsible to: Regional Fundraising Manager
Background to Whizz-Kidz: In the UK today, too many disabled children lack the equipment and opportunities they need to live life to the full and reach their true potential. Whizz-Kidz sets them free by providing the right mobility equipment and skills to build their self-esteem, confidence and aspiration. By joining in and volunteering, you can help transform children’s lives.
Role Description: Could you use your flair and self-motivation and join the Regional fundraising team to promote Whizz-Kidz in your community? This could involve running a stall at an event, speaking on behalf of Whizz-Kidz to potential supporters, attending cheque presentations or putting up posters. You would have the opportunity to organise events and engage your community in supporting us. Based on your personal interests and skills, your responsibilities could include any of the following responsibilities:
- Support local fundraising and awareness events
- Manning a stall at an event
- Helping at a sports event being held for Whizz-Kidz
- Putting up posters or handing out flyers
- Delivering a presentation to a school in your local area
- Attending cheque presentations
- Be a local contact for existing and new volunteers
- Approaching individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations
What’s in it for me?
- Develop fundraising skills
- Develop Event Management skills
- Meet new people
- Be active and engaged
- Add value to your local community
- Learn new transferable skills & improve your CV
- Great people skills, approachable and friendly
- Organised, methodical, reliable
- Negotiating and influencing
- Ability to handle money
Training and support: You’ll meet with your Regional Fundraising Manager and receive training relevant to the activities you would most like to participate in. You will also have access to the Whizz-Kidz Online Learning Centre with 180 courses, which includes a Whizz-Kidz induction and safeguarding course. You’ll also be kept updated with other volunteering opportunities through the monthly volunteer bulletin.
Safeguarding: Anyone can get involved in fundraising for Whizz-Kidz, you just need to be 16 or older, or be accompanied by a parent or carer. An enhanced DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.
Expenses: Reasonable travel expenses met.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.