Visit our volunteer zone to apply to be a volunteer and book onto events.
Location: UK wide
Time commitment: Flexible – you can decide how many talks you want to give.
We ask that you give at least 4 talks per year because of the support we provide.
Responsible to: Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
Background to Whizz-Kidz: In the UK today, too many disabled children lack the equipment and opportunities they need to live life to the full and reach their true potential. Whizz-Kidz sets them free by providing the right mobility equipment and skills to build their self-esteem, confidence and aspiration. By joining in and volunteering, you can help transform children’s lives.
Role Description: Here at Whizz-Kidz, we want to tell everyone about what we do! You could help us grow at grass roots by becoming a Whizz‐Kidz Volunteer Speaker. Becoming a Volunteer Speaker is very rewarding as you get to meet new faces from all walks of life and help let them know about all the activities and services Whizz-Kidz offer for young disabled people and turn them into Whizz‐Kidz supporters.
This could involve a 10 minute talk in a school assembly or at a rotary club or having a cup of tea and a chat with key people at a networking event. You might also be asked to pick up cheques, which really has the feel good factor! You get to see just how hard people have worked to raise funds for us and help change the lives of disabled children and young people - what better way to spend your day!
What’s in it for me?
- Help to transform the lives of disabled children
- Learn new transferable skills & improve your CV
- Meet new people
- Add value to your local community
- Be active and engaged
- Good communicator – confident in giving talks
- Able to use local networks and build contacts to arrange talks
- Ability to handle money
- Negotiating and influencing
Training and support
- Volunteer induction and training in speaking on behalf of Whizz-Kidz plus relevant resources and materials for talks.
- Support from Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator and Regional Fundraising Manager.
- Access to Whizz-Kidz Online Learning Centre with 180 courses which includes a Whizz-Kidz induction and safeguarding course.
Safeguarding: Anyone can get involved in Speaking Out for Whizz-Kidz. You just need to be 16 or older, or be accompanied by a parent or carer. A DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.
Expenses: Reasonable travel expenses met.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.