Visit our volunteer zone to apply to be a volunteer and book onto events.
Location: Across the UK
Time commitment: On average one day per month
Responsible to: Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
Background to Whizz-Kidz: In the UK today, too many disabled children lack the equipment and opportunities they need to live life to the full and reach their true potential. Whizz-Kidz sets them free by providing the right mobility equipment and skills to build their self-esteem, confidence and aspiration. By joining in and volunteering, you can help transform children’s lives.
Role Description: Lead – or co-lead activities and workshops to young wheelchair users aged 8-25. You might do this independently or alongside one of our staff members depending on your experience, ability and interests. Services include Ambassador Clubs, Camp Whizz-Kidz, Wheelchair Skills Training and Work Skills Days.
Role may include:
- Planning and delivering fun and empowering sessions and activities
- Ensuring all young people are engaged and safe
- Organising and evaluating events
What’s in it for me?
- Help to transform the lives of young disabled people
- Gain experience in delivering youth programmes with support from staff
- Learn new transferable skills & improve your CV
- Meet new people
- Add value to your local community
- Be active and engaged
Skills we are looking for:
- Qualification &/or experience in working with young people
- Experience in – or aptitude for – leading a youth club or training young people
- Able to inspire and motivate young people
- Able to develop young people to reach their potential
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Organisation and Planning Skills
- Training skills
Training and support
- Volunteer induction and training days
- Support from Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
- Access to Whizz-Kidz Online Learning Centre with 180 courses which includes a Whizz-Kidz induction and safeguarding course.
Safeguarding: An enhanced DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.
Expenses: Reasonable travel expenses met.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.