Visit our volunteer zone to apply to be a volunteer and book onto events.
Location: Various locations across England, Wales and Scotland (see the home page for more details)
Time commitment: On average one day per month
Responsible to: Regional Service Delivery Manager
Background to Whizz-Kidz: In the UK today, too many disabled children lack the equipment and opportunities they need to live life to the full and reach their true potential. Whizz-Kidz sets them free by providing the right mobility equipment and skills to build their self-esteem, confidence and aspiration. By joining in and volunteering, you can help transform children’s lives.
Role Description: Youth Activity Volunteers support young wheelchair users aged 8 to 25 in a range of activities at various services including: Whizz-Kidz clubs, Wheelchair Skills Training and Work Skills Days.
You can help in many ways:
- Supporting and encouraging young people to engage in activities and get the most from these events
- Setting things up and clearing away after each event
- Depending on experience, help to deliver certain activities e.g. ice breakers, games and workshops
- Support young people to work towards achieving the Leadership Award
What’s in it for me?
- Help to transform the lives of disabled children
- Learn new transferable skills & improve your CV
- Meet new people
- Add value to your local community
- Be active and engaged
- Enthusiastic and confident
- Supportive, friendly and sensitive to others
- Ability to communicate with young people of all ages
- Positive attitude towards disability
- Flexible and creative
- Proactive and not afraid to get involved
- Experience of working with young people is an advantage but not essential
Training and support
- Volunteer induction and training
- Support from Service Delivery Manager and Volunteer Manager
- Access to online learning training, including mandatory safeguarding trainijng.
Safeguarding: An enhanced DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.
Expenses: Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses met.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.