Family Liaison Officer
To provide excellent customer services to all Whizz Kidz beneficiaries and their familiesApply Now
- Employment Type: Full time, 35 hours per week over 5 days. One year contract
- Location: Remote · London, City of, UK
Remote with a requirement to also work from the London office. Ideally based in London or South East
- Salary: £26,500 (GBP)
- Team: Family Liaison Team
- Seniority: Junior
- Closing date: 9:57am, 11th Mar 2024 GMT
Whizz Kidz: the facts
Over 75,000 young people aren’t getting the wheelchair or support that fully meets their needs.
Without the ability to be independent young wheelchair users are restricted in their ability to socialise and participate in society.
We’re here to change that.
As the UK’s leading charity for young wheelchair users (9 months -25 years old), we empower young people by providing the wheelchairs, equipment, support and confidence-building experiences they need, and campaigning for a more inclusive society.
And we won’t stop until they are mobile, enabled and included.
A society in which every young wheelchair user is mobile, enabled and included
We are young people focused, ambitious, collaborative and inclusive.
- To provide excellent customer services to all Whizz Kidz beneficiaries and their families when responding to phone and email enquiries, and when processing applications for Whizz Kidz services.
- To facilitate and support the work of the Clinical team of Therapists and Engineers and regional Service Delivery Managers in the efficient and effective provision of mobility equipment and Children and Young Peoples Services (C&YP) respectively, including organising diaries and arranging venue hire.
- To take responsibility for organisational and administrative processes in regards to equipment provision, repair and maintenance, C&YP and any other processes as requested.
- To maintain the Children Services Database (CSD) and other relevant databases accurately and regularly.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and driven professional to join our Family Liaison Team. The Family Liaison Team take responsibility for organisational and administrative processes in regards to clinical and young people’s services.
We need an individual with good knowledge of Microsoft packages and excellent communication, organisation and time management skills. You will be able to manage a varied workload and have good prioritising skills. You will be a self-starter and will be able to work independently and use your own initiative to resolve issues.
- Respond to enquiries for any services by phone, email and in writing in a clear, professional and timely manner.
- Manage repair and maintenance enquiries according to internal processes, record repair details and manage timescales.
- Locate suitable venues for clinics, clubs, and other events throughout the UK.
- Organise Therapists and Engineers diaries as needed.
- Provide all relevant information to support Therapists for phone assessments and clinics.
- Liaise with families to establish availability to clinics and organise telephone appointments on behalf of Therapists.
- Liaise with Service Delivery Managers to establish availability for events and invite beneficiaries as appropriate.
- Liaise with colleagues and other relevant parties to arrange convenient date/times to hold assessment clinics and events.
- Undertake relevant parts of the risk assessment for each venue booked for any services.
- Undertake all administrative processes to ensure smooth running of clinics and events including invite letters/emails to families, checking whether transport, hoists, interpreters, care agencies, tool kits, taxis, accommodation and other special requirements are needed and book them as applicable.
- Update the CSD and other relevant databases in order to maintain accurate details and records of clinics and events and information regarding attendance.
- Ensure that the necessary actions are taken as needed to withdraw a beneficiary, re-allocate monies and, if necessary, return a beneficiary to the waiting list.
- Arrange short-notice repair visits; managing travel times and liaising with third party organisations such as schools where appropriate.
- Input and process paper application forms for any service into the CSD and other relevant databases.
- Scan paper application forms for any service and pictures into the CSD and other relevant databases.
- Organise Therapists, Engineers workload; this will include assigning cases, managing diaries, ensuring equipment orders are placed, following up on any outstanding work and any other tasks as requested.
- Obtain and provide all pre-clinic and pre-event information for Therapists and Service Delivery Managers.
- Perform regular chases for pre-clinic and additional information.
- Collate and dispatch Aftercare Packs to all beneficiaries who receive equipment through Whizz-Kidz.
- Ensure that applications received through our online platform are imported and maintained as necessary.
- Undertake administrative duties as required for any service, e.g. the undertaking of telephone calls, written correspondence, filing, photo-copying, collecting evaluation data, scanning and any other duties as directed.
- Be responsible for administering post-event paperwork and update all systems and databases necessary.
- Organise mailings for any service to select audiences as and when required.
- Regularly review outstanding workload; this will include using the CSD to extract cases requiring action.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the organisation and booking of exhibitions and conferences.
- Safeguard at all times confidentiality of information relating to beneficiaries and staff.
- Attend regular and one-off events, functions and visits as and when required.
- When required, carry out any other tasks as directed by the Director of Services or the Head of Young People's Services to meet the needs of the charity.
- The post holder will work within all policies, procedures and budgets set by Whizz Kidz
- The post holder will act at all times in the best interest of Whizz Kidz
- The post holder will form effective working relationships with all staff members, volunteers and outside organisations as appropriate
- The post holder must accept responsibility for ensuring that the policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety in the workplace are adhered to at all times
- The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act
- The post holder will not disclose to an unauthorised person any confidential information acquired through official duties unless they have received official permission to do so.
- Understanding and familiarity of Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults, the Equality Act, Data Protection and Health & Safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong writing skills
- Alignment with our values- young people focused, ambitious, inclusive and collaborative
- Passionate about supporting young wheelchair users and creating societal change
- Able to multi-task, work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Highly motivated, positive and solution focused
- Able to prioritise workload
- A high degree of focus
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good level of computer literacy, including databases
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of using databases and managing data
- Experience of organising diaries and events
- Experience of Customer Services
This role will be subject to a DBS disclosure
A few perks
The wellbeing of our colleagues is of paramount importance to our success as an organisation, and we want to ensure that our benefits package provides something of value for everyone, whether it is our generous holiday entitlement, wellbeing days, Healthcare cash plan, long-service awards. We hope you agree!
25 days of annual leave per annum plus Bank Holiday (pro-rata for part time colleagues).
In addition to annual leave, employees get three days of paid Christmas leave.
Automatic enrolment for all colleagues with the option to opt out. Contributions of 5% gross salary made by both Whizz Kidz and employees. We will match higher contributions of up to 6% of gross basic salary.
Automatic enrolment in a fully paid for cash plan that assists you with everyday health costs. This scheme is also available to your families for an extra charge.
Season ticket loan
An interest free loan of up to £5,000 following the successful completion of the Probationary Period.
You can find out more about our perks at Whizz Kidz.org.uk/charity/careers