Life can be very tough for families of disabled children. We know that disability has an impact on the whole family, not just the individual and parents have told us that currently there is very little support for them.
This is why, thanks to backing from the Department for Education, we're delighted to launch a Whizz-Kidz Parents Network. This is the first national network created especially for families of young wheelchair users and through this network we aim to empower parents to feel supported, informed and inspired.
Sign up to our Parents Network to get:
- Specialist advice and resources available through our website.
- Regular emails and newsletter updates.
- The chance to share advice, information and tips with other parents on our Whizz-Kidz Forum (in partnership with Mumsnet).
If you're interested, we'd also like to invite you to help us raise awareness of the needs of disabled children and families as a media or campaign spokesperson for Whizz-Kidz. Families are at the heart of Whizz-Kidz and we really value your involvement.
Sign up using the form at the bottom of this page.
The Whizz-Kidz Parents Network draws on our wealth of experience and is designed to support families and connect you with others. It also comes at a time of major reforms for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Continue the conversation on the Mumsnet and Whizz-Kidz Forum
- Info about the Mumsnet and Whizz-Kidz Forum
- Background to our Parents Network
- Your stories
- You and your child
- Getting help for your family
If you have any questions or suggestions about the development of the Whizz-Kidz Parents Network, please do not hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com or 020 7233 6600.