Setting up a Fundraising Page
Your JustGiving page is one of the easiest and most effective ways to fundraise
Your JustGiving page is one of the easiest and most effective ways to fundraise.
We have made this handy step by step guide to setting up an online fundraising page, along with some of our Events Team’s top tips to help make your fundraising effort go the extra mile.
- You can set up a fundraising page for Whizz Kidz today by visiting: https://www.justgiving.com/whizzkidz
- Click ‘Fundraise for us’ on the top right-hand side of the page
- Log in to your account or, if you are new to JustGiving, simply click ‘Sign Up’ and follow the instructions to create your account
- Choose what kind of fundraising you are doing for us. If you are taking part in an organised event, click on ‘Taking part in an event’ and choose from the options or type it in the search bar.
- Fill out as many details as possible about your event and click ‘Create your page’ at the bottom of the screen
You have now created your JustGiving page! But you’re not quite finished... it’s now time to personalise your page
- Press ‘Edit your page’ on the top left-hand corner of the screen. It’s here where you can change things like your fundraising target, story and page to make it personal to you. Whizz Kidz had added our branded colours, wording and image to help you as well and make sure to save it when you are done!
Promoting your page to make a real difference
Here are our Event’s Teams top tips to promote your page to raise even more funds to support young wheelchair users.
- In your Story section, add a description explaining why Whizz Kidz is close to your heart, what fundraising activity you will be doing, a description about our work and how easy it is for your supporters to donatewith JustGiving. Doing these things can get you 65% more on your page so if you need any ideas, visit the About Us section of our website.
- You could boost your donations by 23% by adding a picture of yourself, your fundraising activity or your preparations to your page. For example, you can easily link your training to your page to show your friends and family your progress by Strava, FitBit and others.
- You can download our Shareables to post on your social media channels to help shout about your fundraising and tag us @WhizzKidzUK. We recommend really shouting about your event so don’t forget to mention it to friends, family, colleagues, at school, at your faith group, everywhere and anywhere! You never know who will donate and remember to say thank you to everyone who donates
- Self donation is a great way to kick things off! Shows all your supporters that you are willing to put your money where your mouth is. And… it’s not just a good luck charm – people who donate to themselves raise 10 times as much as those who don’t!
Huge good luck and an even bigger thank you from everyone here at Whizz Kidz. We’re here for you every step of the way to help us transform the lives of young wheelchair users – together, we are working towards a world where every young person will get the opportunities they deserve.
If you have any questions or need support with your fundraising, get in touch with us:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 020 7233 9696